Based out of Williams Lake, BC and reporting to the Driver Supervisor, these individuals must be motivated and have an excellent safe work record. They will be hauling from a sort yard area around Williams Lake to Dunkley Lumber. No bush hauling. Lomak conducts pre-employment medical & drug tests. Training and orientation will be provided.
• Safely operate and drive logging truck with a 9 axle configuration;
• Follow safe work practices and procedures;
• Work safely and use appropriate PPE;
• Trucks are equipped with electronic tracking devices and dashcams for our drivers safety and protection;
• Perform electronic pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems,
equipment, and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, and brakes;
• Ensure that all customers, co-workers, and the public are dealt with professionalism and courtesy;
• Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using communication devices;
• Fuel up truck & check vehicle fluid levels daily. Ensure the cab is cleaned out before next driver gets in (product is provided).
• Very competitive compensation rate;
• Paid wait-time;
• RRSP contribution for every hour worked;
• Pension options;
• Excellent benefits package including dental, pharmaceutical, vision, orthodontic, paramedical and more;
• Paid for in truck orientation with on-site driver trainers;
• Regular equipment replacement;
• Trucks will be maintained and parked at a secured local dealership;
• Represented by CLAC Union with a 5-year agreement and an excellent labor relationship;
• No overnight trips, home every day, straight day shift;
• Shift schedule is Monday to Friday.
• Unprecedented performance program;
• Safety-wear allowance, lifestyle allowance & health care spending account;