Are you a class 1 driver looking for an exciting career with a progressive, growing, and successful bulk transportation company with long term service contracts?
Based out of Williams Lake, BC and reporting to the Driver Supervisor, these individuals must be motivated and have an excellent safe work record. They will be hauling from Williams Lake area to Dunkley Lumber. Lomak conducts pre-employment medical & drug tests. Training and orientation will be provided.
• Safely operate and drive logging truck with a 9 axle configuration;
• Follow safe work practices and procedures;
• Work safely and use appropriate PPE;
• Trucks are equipped with electronic tracking devices and dashcams for our drivers safety and protection;
• Perform electronic pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems,
equipment, and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, and brakes;
• Ensure that all customers, co-workers, and the public are dealt with professionalism and courtesy;
• Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using communication devices;
• Fuel up truck & check vehicle fluid levels daily. Ensure the cab is cleaned out before next driver gets in (product is provided).
• Class 1 driver’s license;
• Safety minded and flexible;
• Positive attitude, dependable, strong work ethic, with integrity;
• Reliable team-player with the ability to problem solve and communicate.
• Very competitive compensation rate;
• Paid wait-time;
• RRSP contribution for every hour worked;
• Pension options;
• Excellent benefits package including dental, pharmaceutical, vision, orthodontic, paramedical and more;
• Driver incentives & safety incentives;
• Paid for in truck orientation with on-site driver trainers;
• Regular equipment replacement;
• Trucks will be maintained and parked at a secured local dealership;
• Safety-wear allowance, lifestyle allowance & health care spending account;
• Represented by CLAC Union with a 5-year agreement and an excellent labor relationship;
• No overnight trips, home every day, straight day shift;
• Shift schedule is Monday to Friday.