Truck Driver – Class 1 Chip Truck Driver
Lomak is a fibre based bulk transportation company of residual fibre (hog fuel) as well as log hauling. Working all over Northern BC, Lomak is a company that is progressive, very safety driven and family oriented. We are currently recruiting Class 1 drivers to operate our modern fleet.
Based out of our Prince George, BC terminal and reporting to the Driver Supervisor, successful candidates must be motivated and have an excellent safe work record. Training for suitable candidates with less than the required experience will be considered. Lomak conducts pre-employment medical and drug tests.
• Safely operate and drive tractor – super B trailers
• Follow safe work practices and procedures
• Work safely and use appropriate PPE
• Perform pre-trip, enroute and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems
• Ensure that all customers, co-workers, and the public are dealt with professionalism and courtesy
• Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using communication devices
• Using bungees, crank handles, rolling & unrolling of tarps, climbing ladders, and putting on tire chains
• Fuel up truck & check vehicle fluid levels daily
• Ensure the cab is cleaned at end of shift
• Safety minded and flexible
• Class 1 driver’s license
• Positive attitude, a dependable, strong work ethic, integrity
• Reliable team-player with the ability to problem solve and communicate
- Very competitive compensation rate, paid by the trip
- Paid wait-time
- RRSP contribution for every hour worked
- Pension options
- Excellent benefits package including dental, pharmaceutical, vision, orthodontic, paramedical, and more
- Driver and safety incentives
- Paid for in-truck orientation with on-site driver trainers
- New trucks every three years
- On-site fuel pad and 24/7 maintenance shop
- Safety-wear allowance, Lifestyle allowance & Healthcare spending account
- Represented by CLAC Union with a long-term agreement and an excellent labour/management relationship
- Shift schedule is Monday to Friday
days off – subject to availability
About The Company
Lomak Bulk Carriers Corp
Prince George British Columbia V2N 5S4 CA
Lomak Bulk Carriers is a fibre based trucking, or hauling, company with deep roots in Prince George and northern British Columbia. We haul residual fibre as well as whole logs for the forest industry.
Our Lomak story started over 40 years ago (1977) during a time when our region was one of the largest forest based industries in the world. We’re a company with deep roots throughout northern BC with local ownership and a solid history of servicing the forestry, mining and other industries in our area.
Location6555 Pacific Street Prince George British Columbia
Hours60 Hours Per Week
Closing DateApril 30, 2023
Posted2 years ago
Apply For This Job
The current job posting is not available in your area.